Erica Bethe Levin is everything. No, really. Triple threat (I heart musical theater but this gal can actually rock the stage!), PR whiz, Northwestern alum…oh and founder and Editor-on-Chief of Cheeky Chicago. She created Cheeky Chicago to be the ultimate guide for women in the city and give them the inside scoop on the restaurant scene, events, connect them with other awesome women around town and now 6 years old, Cheeky Chicago has 100% achieved that goal. Posting 30+ articles a week on CheekyChicago.com and partnering with the hottest spots in town to host super cool events, Erica has created a really unique community for women in Chicago, a virtual best friend to let us know the good word is. I am in love with the part of their mission that aims to “Have the confidence to treat all women with respect.” Right on.
In addition to being one heck of an entrepreneur and one of the most grounded, kind people I know, Erica is also a newlywed! She met her husband while waiting for the #22 bus and was married at one of my favorite spots in the city, POPS for Champagne this fall…so cheeky, so Chicago.
Without further adieu, 5 Questions with…Erica Bethe Levin.
1. What is your favorite thing about where you live? I love the fact that Chicago is the best city in the world. We have skyscrapers AND the beach. Extreme diversity and culture, the best restaurants, a friendly Midwestern mentality and it is super clean. I love that I live IN the city, but it feels like I live in a small neighborhood with trees and flowers and puppies!
2. Here’s 50 bucks- what are you going to do with her? If someone handed me $50, I’d probably go to Whole Foods and make a surprisingly decadent meal for me and my husband.
3. What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday is 100% Thanksgiving. It is one of the only holidays that doesn’t require gifts or presents or pretense, and is simply about family, food, being together, and thankfulness.
4. What’s the best trip or vacation you have ever been on? The best trip I’ve ever been on was my honeymoon. All vacations are great, but when you know it’s the only time you’ll ever do it, it just takes it to a whole new level.
5. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? If I knew I could not fail, I’d probably start about 8 new businesses that have been brewing in my head. After starting CheekyChicago.com, I know the love it takes to nurse and bring a baby business to life. I’d like to do that 100 more times!