I still miss Oprah’s Favorite Things episode. Since it always aired right before Thanksgiving, I would be home from college so my mom and I would watch it together and it was so much fun to see Oprah scream “You get a robe, you get a robe, everyyyybody gets a robe!” and googling things we had never heard of. To this day, we love Ciao Bella Blood Orange Sorbet because of Oprah.
So this is Just a Chi Town Girl’s Favorite Things…except you won’t magically find a cashmere bodysuit or car delivered to you by my elves or under your seat. Sorry about that. However, these are the things I will be gifting and love myself this holiday season (avert your eyes, BFF) so I hope that it will inspire your own wish list or end up under the tree for someone who has been extra good this year.
1. Lindsay Letters (image above): I am so in love with this shop of lettered goodness. I have been lusting over the “Oh Holy Night” canvas for years and treated myself to it this summer…I am so happy to finally be able to put it up! This Love Is The Only Gold print hangs in my office and her new art prints are so pretty too. Art with an inspiring message- such a great gift.
2. BaubleBar’s As Good As Gold Collection: In 5 Questions With…Megan Runser, I told you all about my sweet, wildly talented friend who designed a collaboration with BaubleBar but I don’t think I went on enough about how insanely stunning this line is…or how I got serious FOMO when it came out and practically bought everything. And beyond being gorgeous, all proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I think all of our lives have been touched by cancer way too much and I love that I can support that fight while gifting friends and family with such pretty little baubles. The Draped Niagara Chain Bib, Draped Niagara Studs and As Good As Gold (Megan’s recovery mantra) bracelet are my favorites but every single piece is amazing. And with the As Good As Gold bracelet being only $10, it is showing up in every stocking I am stuffing.
3. K.Hall Designs Candles: I was gifted a K.Hall candle by a co-worker in St. Louis last year who loved this local company for their soft scents and pretty design. The day I burned the last of it, I found out that K.Hall has set up shop in Chicago and ran down to check it out. So many lovely scents to choose from and many have matching body products. Pictured is Fern, my favorite.
4. RMS Raw Coconut Cream: Speaking of Megan, she sent me this little jar o’awesome for my birthday and it has changed my skin in the period of a month. As pure as it gets, this coconut oil is moisturizing, can act as a makeup remover and just all around awesome. It just feels so luxurious which is such a welcome addition to a daily routine.
5. Cuyana Totes: this is the softest leather in the world and such a staple piece. I love their motto of filling your life with fewer, better things. Yes. Their post about the holidays is really beautiful too. Quality over quantity, all around.
6. Nike Roshe Run Sneakerboots: Because winter.