I am not sure I know anyone as good at being themselves as Jacki Carr is. A million adjectives describe her, of course, but beyond kind, open, brilliant, strong, and warm, Jacki Carr is Jacki Carr. She IS the adjective.
Goal coach, yogi, and hiking fiend, Jacki lives in LA with her sweet fiance and adorable pups Moose and Bear. In collaboration with the lovely Mary Beth LaRue, Jacki took her love of connection and the possibility that exists within all of us to create the Rock Your Bliss movement. Rock Your Bliss is a goal setting + life living + yoga doing lifestyle movement geared toward pushing you to live a life you love. Jacki is walking the walk and benefiting all of us by also talking the talk. Jacki believes that “living a life you love” isn’t a cliche but is actually possible if you get real, get vulnerable and, as is Rock Your Bliss’ tagline, “make shift happen”…and she is shouting this truth from the rooftops! Speaking from personal experience, 5 minutes with Jacki makes you believe you can rock anything and I hope these 5 questions give you a glimpse into the bliss rocker herself. Oh and spoiler alert: Jacki and I share a serious affinity for elf culture.
So here it is: 5 Questions with…Jacki Carr.
1. What is your favorite think about where you live? I live in crazy Venice Beach, California where we hustle and flow, the beach meets the mountains and it is literally sunny and 70 every day. My numero uno favorite thing is the absolute easy access to all things nature. I hit the beach to learn to surf in the morning, hike the Santa Monica Mountains in the early afternoon and decide on a last minute to roadtrip North to sleep in a tent under the stars in a National Forest. All in one day!
2. Here’s 50 bucks- what are you going to do with it? Hey, thanks Nina. I am going to choose adventure. I’ll take $30 to fill up my PRIUS gas tank and roadtrip North to camp under the stars with my man, our pups and rad friends. Quick stop to grab s’mores materials and goods to grill with the remaining $20 and we are on our way to talking over a campfire, day hiking and nature loving.
3. What is your favorite holiday and why? Hands down, no questions asked, all in on this answer, my favorite holiday is Christmas. There is magic in the air at this time: songs we all know the words to, old classic films you can only watch in December, that giving feeling, travel to see family and my favorite run, the Santa Monica/Venice Christmas 10K. I go back to Indiana every year to celebrate with my humongous family where there is so much love, always a little drama, card playing, gift unwrapping and boozey White Russians. Nina, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. (Ed. note: Yes, yes it is!!!)
4. What’s the best trip or vacation you have ever been on? Last year I traveled Italy with my sister to celebrate her college graduation. We had the most incredible experience bonding on the trains, planes and automobiles and exploring museums, landscapes, churches and bars. Our hashtag for the trip was #morevinograzie. I shall translate for you: More Wine Please. My favorite memory was biking through beautiful Tuscany, sipping Chianti while eating decadent pastas and turning the bikes to ride home to Florence in an all out rain storm for 2 hours. I have never laughed harder.
5. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? I often ask this question to so many people, and how funny that I have not asked myself this question in a long time. I would write and perform a one-woman show on a stage about my obsession with self help. There would be a rap about mala beads, crystal stones stuffed in my sports bra for courage and prosperity, books lining the stage like the self help section at B&N, angel cards, feathers everywhere to represent angels, some God squad talk, yoga chat, essential oil smells and I would somehow create a chakra wheel to spin. Tickets, get your tickets!
If you are ready to rock your bliss, you should consider rocking it in Mexico. From March 7-14th, Jacki and Mary Beth are hosting a retreat in Sayulita. yoga, your feet in the sand, margaritas, more yoga, goal creating/setting/crushing? Yes, please! Click here for more details.