When packing for my honeymoon, I set out to maximize space. I wanted to have what I needed but not be weighed down. Then I went to pack my makeup bag. Weighed Down should actually be what I call it because it’s filled to the brim. Some serious editing needed to happen and after 10 days of vacation with my scaled down bag, I can confidently say the above 13 products are all you need to rock a polished summer look on the go.
1. NARS The Multiple in Copacabana: Just a little highlighter for cheek and brow bones for a subtle glow.
2. NARs The Multiple in South Beach: This bronzer blends into the highlighter to enhance the flush you already have from the summer sun and being on vacay. It’s also great in a pinch to swipe on your lids for some color.
3. Benefit Ooh La Lift: Because a little under eye brightening never killed anybody. I used this with my sph moisturizer during the day and then called it a day.
4. Trish McEvoy Correct and Brighten: For night when you’re looking for more coverage, this pen does the trick and is super easy to apply and blend with your fingers.
5. NARS Salamanca Lip Gloss: fresh, natural pop of summer for lip and the new formula is less sticky and doesn’t get caught in your hair (I did the leg work on this one, trust me).
6. NARS Red Lizard: Big sunnies and a bright red lip- you’re done. Walk out the door.
7. NARS Tinted Moisturizer: I wear this year ’round but especially love it in the summer for it’s light feel and SPH.
11. L’Oreal Infallible Eye Liner: Strong dark line, less than 10 bucks.
12. Benefit They’re Real Mascara: After years of bouncing around trying to find my favorite, They’re Real has had my loyalty for some time now. Long, non clumpy and did I mention long?
12. Eye lash curler. This one is Shiseido but I think anyone will do. This is muy importante for when you want your eyes to look awake and pop a little without messing with mascara and the running that may occur should you go for a little swim.